Official Meeting Minutes 

 

 

1. Previous Meeting Minutes 

MOTION to approve July minutes made by Terry Picicci; second by Leon Henry; motion carried by unanimous vote. 

      • 2. Outstanding Items • Heater Repairs & Timers Project Update o The rink will purchase the necessary hardware & contact Randy to install. 
      • o We will remind the rink that due to the need for social distancing we need to make sure that all heaters are turned on & operating. 
      • • Heater/AC Unit Update o Completed & installed. 
      • • Ventilation in Locker rooms 1-4 o This project will be started in a couple weeks. 
      • • Face Mask Updates 
      • o Gators – We will not be ordering these due to conflicting protection reports. 
    • o Masks – 2 different styles were selected • $10 each or 3 for $25 
    • • 500-1000 = $5.00 per mask – We will order 1000 
    • • If we sale out we can reorder with a two week turn around. 
    • • Each player who registers & pays gets one free mask 
      • 3. NEW BUSINESS – Agenda Items • Fall Programming – Dustin Donaghy, Terry Picicci & Danielle Hunt o Current COVID order ▪ Now operating on square footage vs # of people on ice 
      • ▪ Size of ice allows for 20 players + 4 coaches 
      • o We will run a 6 week session & pay for all 6 weeks ▪ Start date Monday, August 31st 
      • ▪ This will be an age specific programming 
      • ▪ We only have access to Rink 1. Rink 2 should open end of September. 
      • o Expenses for this Programming ▪ $240 for 6 weeks of Rep Skates ❖ 2 practice sessions per week 
      • ▪ $120 for 6 weeks of House Skates ❖ 1 practice session per week 
      • ▪ $125 for 6 weeks of 3v3 ❖ No jerseys. Players will wear Reds/Whites 
      • ❖ Dustin & Danielle will select teams of 5-8 players 
      • ▪ $30 per session for Powerskating (Add-On Option) ❖ Weeks 1 & 3 – 10U/12U 
      • ❖ Weeks 2, 4 & 6 – Beginners & 8 
      • ❖ Limited to 1 time per week 
      • ▪ $120 for 6 weeks of 8U Skates 
      • ▪ 3 Clinic Options for 6 weeks ❖ $40 per session 
      • ❖ 14/16 Defensemen Clinic 
      • ❖ 14/16 Forward Clinic 
      • ▪ There will be a one-time $5.00 Spokane Jr Chiefs Fee 
      • ▪ All Coaches & Volunteers must be registered with USA Hockey & SafeSport certified 
      • ▪ Non-member fee will be $20 & for all addresses outside of 100 miles of Spokane 
      • ▪ We will need more parent coaches to volunteer with these skates 
      • ▪ Denny is going to meet with Vince Hughes to schedule games at Frontier ❖ Participation in games will only be an option for those players registered for the 6 week sessions 
      • ❖ Dustin will work with the coaches to create the “Showcase Teams.” 
      • o Learn to Play session will start in October 
      • • Trello – Dustin Donaghy & Danielle Hunt 
      • o Project board for the BODs & staff 
      • o Virtual “sticky” note that allows for live conversations 
      • o BODs will use this to ensure projects are completed on-time 
      • • Treasurer’s Financial Report – Terra Kile o Admin Expense Budget Review ▪ -$32k Net Operating Revenue/ with the PPP Loan coverage -12k Net Operating Revenue 
      • ▪ September Programming as planned will put SAYHA operating in the black. 
      • ▪ We have plenty of cash in the bank but we would like to not have to dip into that reserve. 
      • ▪ Board waivers are $200 per Director. Need to contact Danielle on decision by the end of August. 
      • o A/R Collections ▪ 3 delinquent accounts – $550-$600 total ❖ Contact each family with a letter to make an agreement 
      • ❖ Families will need to make an agreement to pay before allowed to skate. 
      • o Programming Coaching Expenses ▪ Only $35 per session for non-parent coaches 
      • • Public Relations Director – Amanda Kendall o Social Media Guidelines ▪ We will need to communicate & over communicate to our members via social media outlets 
      • o Tryout Communications – These will be scheduled as soon as Spokane enters Phase 3. 
      • • Disciplinary Director– Mike McGinnis o Review Puck #2 – C.H.I.E.F. (Competition, Heritage, Integrity, Engage, Family) Culture 
      • o We are still working through expectations & how to best communicate those expectations. 
      • • SafeSport Director – Bryan Kriger o Nothing at this time. 
      • o Review Puck #3 – Fundraising ▪ Obtained 2 sponsors already & working on more. 
      • ▪ Reviewed the sponsorship form & only minors edits 
      • ▪ Christmas Wreath Fundraiser – Luke will contact last year’s organizers 
      • ▪ Raffle Tickets Sales – We will do the raffle so that players can earn money 
      • o Rink is monitoring ice rentals closely. 
      • o They would like to get Rink 2 up a running sooner than later. 

4. Director’s Reports 

• Community Development Director – Luke Damskov 

• Eagles LLC Rink Reports – Jim Ewers 

o The building is part of our investment & we have a commitment to do all we can to support ice rentals. 

MOTION to adjourn made by Luke Damskov; second by Leon Henry; motion carried by unanimous vote. 

Meeting adjourned @ 8:06pm 

5. Closed Session 

Meeting adjourned @ 8:58pm 

Leave a Comment