1. Previous Meeting Minutes
MOTION to approve July minutes made by Terry Picicci; second by Leon Henry; motion carried by unanimous vote.
- 2. Outstanding Items • Heater Repairs & Timers Project Update o The rink will purchase the necessary hardware & contact Randy to install.
- o We will remind the rink that due to the need for social distancing we need to make sure that all heaters are turned on & operating.
- • Heater/AC Unit Update o Completed & installed.
- • Ventilation in Locker rooms 1-4 o This project will be started in a couple weeks.
- • Face Mask Updates
- o Gators – We will not be ordering these due to conflicting protection reports.
- o Masks – 2 different styles were selected • $10 each or 3 for $25
- • 500-1000 = $5.00 per mask – We will order 1000
- • If we sale out we can reorder with a two week turn around.
- • Each player who registers & pays gets one free mask
- 3. NEW BUSINESS – Agenda Items • Fall Programming – Dustin Donaghy, Terry Picicci & Danielle Hunt o Current COVID order ▪ Now operating on square footage vs # of people on ice
- ▪ Size of ice allows for 20 players + 4 coaches
- o We will run a 6 week session & pay for all 6 weeks ▪ Start date Monday, August 31st
- ▪ This will be an age specific programming
- ▪ We only have access to Rink 1. Rink 2 should open end of September.
- o Expenses for this Programming ▪ $240 for 6 weeks of Rep Skates ❖ 2 practice sessions per week
- ▪ $120 for 6 weeks of House Skates ❖ 1 practice session per week
- ▪ $125 for 6 weeks of 3v3 ❖ No jerseys. Players will wear Reds/Whites
- ❖ Dustin & Danielle will select teams of 5-8 players
- ▪ $30 per session for Powerskating (Add-On Option) ❖ Weeks 1 & 3 – 10U/12U
- ❖ Weeks 2, 4 & 6 – Beginners & 8
- ❖ Limited to 1 time per week
- ▪ $120 for 6 weeks of 8U Skates
- ▪ 3 Clinic Options for 6 weeks ❖ $40 per session
- ❖ 14/16 Defensemen Clinic
- ❖ 14/16 Forward Clinic
- ▪ There will be a one-time $5.00 Spokane Jr Chiefs Fee
- ▪ All Coaches & Volunteers must be registered with USA Hockey & SafeSport certified
- ▪ Non-member fee will be $20 & for all addresses outside of 100 miles of Spokane
- ▪ We will need more parent coaches to volunteer with these skates
- ▪ Denny is going to meet with Vince Hughes to schedule games at Frontier ❖ Participation in games will only be an option for those players registered for the 6 week sessions
- ❖ Dustin will work with the coaches to create the “Showcase Teams.”
- o Learn to Play session will start in October
- • Trello – Dustin Donaghy & Danielle Hunt
- o Project board for the BODs & staff
- o Virtual “sticky” note that allows for live conversations
- o BODs will use this to ensure projects are completed on-time
- • Treasurer’s Financial Report – Terra Kile o Admin Expense Budget Review ▪ -$32k Net Operating Revenue/ with the PPP Loan coverage -12k Net Operating Revenue
- ▪ September Programming as planned will put SAYHA operating in the black.
- ▪ We have plenty of cash in the bank but we would like to not have to dip into that reserve.
- ▪ Board waivers are $200 per Director. Need to contact Danielle on decision by the end of August.
- o A/R Collections ▪ 3 delinquent accounts – $550-$600 total ❖ Contact each family with a letter to make an agreement
- ❖ Families will need to make an agreement to pay before allowed to skate.
- o Programming Coaching Expenses ▪ Only $35 per session for non-parent coaches
- • Public Relations Director – Amanda Kendall o Social Media Guidelines ▪ We will need to communicate & over communicate to our members via social media outlets
- o Tryout Communications – These will be scheduled as soon as Spokane enters Phase 3.
- • Disciplinary Director– Mike McGinnis o Review Puck #2 – C.H.I.E.F. (Competition, Heritage, Integrity, Engage, Family) Culture
- o We are still working through expectations & how to best communicate those expectations.
- • SafeSport Director – Bryan Kriger o Nothing at this time.
- o Review Puck #3 – Fundraising ▪ Obtained 2 sponsors already & working on more.
- ▪ Reviewed the sponsorship form & only minors edits
- ▪ Christmas Wreath Fundraiser – Luke will contact last year’s organizers
- ▪ Raffle Tickets Sales – We will do the raffle so that players can earn money
- o Rink is monitoring ice rentals closely.
- o They would like to get Rink 2 up a running sooner than later.
4. Director’s Reports
• Community Development Director – Luke Damskov
• Eagles LLC Rink Reports – Jim Ewers
o The building is part of our investment & we have a commitment to do all we can to support ice rentals.
MOTION to adjourn made by Luke Damskov; second by Leon Henry; motion carried by unanimous vote.
Meeting adjourned @ 8:06pm
5. Closed Session
Meeting adjourned @ 8:58pm