Join the Girls Hockey Club this season!
Beginning October 10th, all SAYHA-registered female players are invited to join the Spokane Youth Hockey Girls Hockey Club for weekly on-ice all-girl hockey sessions! Led by SAYHA's Director of Female Hockey, Krista Brasch, Girls Hockey Club will meet each Sunday through the end of the House season.
This program is offered at no cost to SAYHA registered female players. Register for weekly sessions at the link below.
Krista serves as SAYHA's Director of Female Hockey for players 6U-18U and has coached in the SAYHA House Division for the past 4 years, coaching the Girls Club since 2017, serving as a Head Coach for two seasons at 14U (2019/20 and 2020/21), and an Assistant Coach for 2 seasons at 12U (2017/18 and 2018/19). She was also an Assistant Coach at the Richmond Classic all-female tournament for two seasons (2018 12U Team and 2019 14U Team). Krista is a USA Hockey Level 3 Certified Coach at all age levels.
Krista has played hockey with the Spokane Women's Hockey League for the past 12 seasons, serving as Vice President of the Board for 2 years, and currently serves as President of the Board.
- Goals for the Female Program within SAYHA:
- Grow, encourage, and empower female hockey players within the EWA Region and within our Spokane Youth Hockey Association.
- Create a positive, safe, and encouraging environment for girls to gain courage, strength, skills, confidence, and friendships.
- Create a program that is consistent, scalable, and maintainable for girls to get the experience beyond their co-ed hockey experience and to play with all-female hockey athletes on ice.
- Grow the girls' program to have full girls teams, at each age level, for internal play exchange, external scrimmaging with other local all-female teams, and to have SAYHA send full female teams to tournaments, etc.